I am getting the following error when trying to run a index.cfm file.

Could not find the included template /config/_errorMap.cfm.  
Note: If you wish to use an absolute template path (for example, template="/mypath/index.cfm") with CFINCLUDE, you must create a mapping for the path using the ColdFusion Administrator. Or, you can use per-application settings to specify mappings specific to this application by specifying a mappings struct to THIS.mappings in Application.cfc. 
Using relative paths (for example, template="index.cfm" or template="../index.cfm") does not require the creation of any special mappings. It is therefore recommended that you use relative paths with CFINCLUDE whenever possible

Could anyone please help me by telling what this error is about?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Could not find the included template /config/_errorMap.cfm.

The index.cfm page (or a page referenced by it) is trying to include another page called "_errorMap.cfm". The CF server cannot find that page. Either because the file doesn't exist or there's a missing mapping.

The index.cfm page (or a page referenced by it) is trying to include another page called "_errorMap.cfm". The CF server cannot find that page. Either because the file doesn't exist or there's a missing mapping.

This code is a website's source code which is working perfectly from a ftp server. I have not made any changes to the code, but when i try to run the code in my local machine using CFbuilder and CF 9 i am getting this error.

This code is a website's source code which is working perfectly from a ftp server. I have not made any changes to the code, but when i try to run the code in my local machine using CFbuilder and CF 9 i am getting this error.

I don't know about CFBuilder, but the error is pretty clear. It can't find that page. So assuming the code is correct, you're either missing a mapping OR that file doesn't exist.

It sounds like you're running against a local copy of the code. If so, 1) which web server are you using and
2) where did you place the files?
3) where is this index.cfm page physically located? ie The absolute path c:\pathto\index.cfm?

By default CF is looking for the _errorMap.cfm file in a folder named "config" beneath the web root. If you set up the developer version, with the built in web server, the default web root is something like:

c:\coldfusion9\wwwrooot

So the full path to the file would be:

c:\coldfusion9\wwwrooot\config\_errorMap.cfm

If that's the configuration you're using, check that location and make sure the file exists. Maybe you copied the files to the wrong location.

I don't know about CFBuilder, but the error is pretty clear. It can't find that page. So assuming the code is correct, you're either missing a mapping OR that file doesn't exist.

It sounds like you're running against a local copy of the code. If so, 1) which web server are you using and
2) where did you place the files?
3) where is this index.cfm page physically located? ie The absolute path c:\pathto\index.cfm?

By default CF is looking for the _errorMap.cfm file in a folder named "config" beneath the web root. If you set up the developer version, with the built in web server, the default web root is something like:

c:\coldfusion9\wwwrooot

So the full path to the file would be:

c:\coldfusion9\wwwrooot\config\_errorMap.cfm

If that's the configuration you're using, check that location and make sure the file exists. Maybe you copied the files to the wrong location.

1) which web server are you using and
inbuilt server which comes with the IDE, CF9 localhost.
c:/coldfusion9/wwwroot/nameofproject/index.cfm

Now i am getting this error.
Element $GLOBALS is undefined in a Java object of type class [Ljava.lang.String;.

The error occurred in C:\ColdFusion9\wwwroot\xxxx\config\_errorMap.cfm: line 19

</cfcase>
		<cfdefaultcase>
 			<cfif APPLICATION.$Globals.IsTestingServer(CGI.SERVER_NAME) or CGI.REMOTE_ADDR EQ APPLICATION.xxxxxxxxxIP>
 				<cfset getPageContext().getOut().clearBuffer() />
 				<cfdump var="#exception#" label="Exception" expand="no">

Now i am getting this error.
Element $GLOBALS is undefined in a Java object of type class [Ljava.lang.String;.

APPLICATION.$Globals.IsTestingServer(CGI.SERVER_NAME) or CGI.REMOTE_ADDR EQ APPLICATION.xxxxxxxxxIP>

Sounds like the variable APPLICATION.$Globals was not set for whatever reason. Look in your application.cfc file, where it is being intialized?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.