Hello ,
I really need your help!
i created a textbox in a jsp page , but i want its value to change using another JSP page without using a submit button in the second page , i need it automatically if a certain condition applies..
Pleaaaase can anyone tell me
Thanks...

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Ghada Ibrahim

Hello ,
I really need your help!
i created a textbox in a jsp page , but i want its value to change using another JSP page without using a submit button in the second page , i need it automatically if a certain condition applies..
Pleaaaase can anyone tell me
Thanks...

Unfortunately, you will require a submit button to send the value to a jsp page.

Do you have any code that might be helpful to understanding your problem better??

Unfortunately, you will require a submit button to send the value to a jsp page.

No, you don't.
You could have some javascript submitting the form without the need to press a button, say on exiting the input control.

Thank you ..
lets say this page is called A.jsp
my code sends values to a jsp page :

<form onsubmit="return validateSelect()"action="Select.jsp" method="get">
<h2>Select:</h2>
<h3>Enter the URL of the publisher you perfer to publish your ads on: </h3> <br/>
<input type="text" name="SUrl" style="width: 250px;" />
<input TYPE="submit" value="Submit"/>
<input type="hidden" id ="v" name="is"/>
</form>

At the select.jsp page its is supposed to check certain conditions and one of them changes the value of the attribute V that is passed initially null then when doen redircts to A.jsp again with the Value of V changed and depending on the value of V a java script is to show a form in the A.jsp page..
Hope you got the idea
Cause I didn’t know how to change the value of V and resend it to the first page without any button it’s supposed to be done automatically when the select.jsp page is redirected to A.jsp
Thanks again

When A.jsp first loads the V is null. So you can do this:

<%
String V = request.getParamater("V");
if (V==null) {
%>

<form onsubmit="return validateSelect()"action="Select.jsp" method="get">
<h2>Select:</h2>
<h3>Enter the URL of the publisher you perfer to publish your ads on: </h3> <br/>
<input type="text" name="SUrl" style="width: 250px;" />
<input TYPE="submit" value="Submit"/>
<input type="hidden" name="V"/>
</form>

<%
} else {
}
%>

There is method called: request.forward ,
if I remember; check it out. To send the V value through a url at the second page use:

String V = request.getParamater("V");
String url = "A.jsp";
if (V!=null) url = url + "?V="+V;

Also it is better not to have multiple forms in a jsp and if statements to determine which to display. Have different jsps, and at the second page, depending on the value of V decide which one to load.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.