which IDE is good for developing jsp app?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Any IDE you used for Java development. So to start with : IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, NetBeans etc.

+1 for IntelliJ or Netbeans. Eclipse is also good

i personally prefer NetBeans.

i personally prefer NetBeans.

That may explain some programming hiccups in your posts ;)
I'm sort finding NetBeans obsolete. My main programming tool is IntelliJ and sometimes I use Eclipse, but I think I did not use NB since 6.1...

In My laptop default is IJ and in my office I use Netbeans 6.8.
They are both good

As I use, Netbeans it better, gvng builtin plugins and much more facilities.

That may explain some programming hiccups in your posts ;)
I'm sort finding NetBeans obsolete. My main programming tool is IntelliJ and sometimes I use Eclipse, but I think I did not use NB since 6.1...

Things have Changed a lot since that day. Try it and see :)

Things have Changed a lot since that day. Try it and see :)

I still keep copy of NB to use it now and then when people post whole project on some of the forums I frequent. However NB was getting stuffed up by unnecessary crap and they been slow with adding interesting plugins (never moved from Android plugin 1.6 to 2.0, 2.1 or 2.2).
Dunno what's gone happen to it since Oracle took over as they have their own over-done IDE. Nevertheless it is my believe that NB was misused by education body teach students only drag&drop features so they then post stupid question "I'm using NB and have this problem with code", plus I met only few developers which are using it on day-day bases, but they been "forced" to use it as company their work for is living 10 years back and heard only about Eclipse 3 issues and expensive IDEs

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.