Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right section or not, but I would like to ask you guys about internet shop.

I have my own hosting account, I know a thing or two about using CMS, I know some programming html, css, a bit of php.

Since there are a lot of systems out there, I wanted to find is it hard to make internet shop nowdays? Can you use one of many CMS out there and change it into shop maybe ?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

there are heaps.
php, asp, .net etc
zencart, oscommerce, nopcommerce, drupal with store plugins
I think even wordpress has a store plugin too now.

Thanks,

It was my guess too, that you can probably make all CMS into internet shop :)

many of them come with an integrated blog and cms. most of the php stores are open source and often have many available plugins/extensions written by contributors. The .net carts tend to have less extensions etc but some are open source such as nopcommerce.
I would recommend your priority would be to find one that supports your payment system/bank unless you plan on writing a payment module.

Thank you for advice. I've been looking around, but I can't find information on supported payment system/bank as you suggested . Where do you find information like this ?

start with your bank - they often list available shopping cart systems that have their payment module
next google for your bank:
eg:
shopping cart payment module hsbc

if your bank is hsbc

most of them support paypal btw.
I spent about a week - 40 hours collectively inspecting the facets and code of about 8 different systems but I didn't document it so can't really help much more than this.

Thank you for pointing me in right direction! I will do some inspecting. Your documentation probably wouldn't help me anyway, since I'm located in a small country and none of big banks are located here.

Well, eCommerce and ZenCart are the best solution for sure! And to get personal on-line shop is not so difficult as it may seems. You even can get some practise - download template for free and try to design it the way you wanna it to be. I think that your on-line store would be look like this one .

Wish you best of luck!
Oz

Thank you for all the information !

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right section or not, but I would like to ask you guys about internet shop.

I have my own hosting account, I know a thing or two about using CMS, I know some programming html, css, a bit of php.

Since there are a lot of systems out there, I wanted to find is it hard to make internet shop nowdays? Can you use one of many CMS out there and change it into shop maybe ?

Hello, I think you should contact your IT professional person and try looking what he is doing. You should know the information first before starting up internet shop. You should reduce your risk before starting a business. You should know the business itself.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.