Hello friends,
I am making Bug Tracking System project, which is intranet base project in JSP. I want to use e-mail facility using JAVAMAIL APIs. How can I use it? What i need? I am new in JSPs., and dont know about JavaBeans. How to install STMP server n configure it?

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

you should start with the Java tutorial, followed by the JEE tutorial.
That should teach you NOT to use JSP (or at least not only JSP), as well as keep you occupied for a while.

you should start with the Java tutorial, followed by the JEE tutorial.
That should teach you NOT to use JSP (or at least not only JSP), as well as keep you occupied for a while.

I want to know only abt JAVAMAIL APIs bcoz i stuck thr only. Most of my project is ready.

If you want to know only about Java Mail API, here you go

If you want to know only about Java Mail API, here you go

I visited such sites. But not able to understand the setup and configuration of SMTP server.

I visited such sites. But not able to understand the setup and configuration of SMTP server.

Have a look at this http://www.ericdaugherty.com/java/mailserver/, if you still face difficulties you better post better description of issue

I want to know only abt JAVAMAIL APIs bcoz i stuck thr only. Most of my project is ready.

You're making a JSP based system and you don't know what JSP or Javabeans are, yet you're almost done?
hmm... I'd not want to use that system, it must be complete rubbish.

You're making a JSP based system and you don't know what JSP or Javabeans are, yet you're almost done?
hmm... I'd not want to use that system, it must be complete rubbish.

I know wat is JSPs but in basic only, JAVABeans i dont knw bcoz i m nt using it atal in project. PLZ reply of my question instead of gvng such replies

says it all, really... Hopeless case.

Y u feel this is hopeless case? I am asking for help, and Javamail is basically J2EE`s component. So who has expertise in J2EE, he/she may know about This APIs. So my question for those who is master or expert in J2EE. And thnks PETER_BUDO, to send me a nice link.

Can I use JES without internet? And when to use JES, or JavaMail APIs? I am totally confused. Hope, PETER_BUDO will help me.

I downloaded PostCast server as smtp server. Now how can I gv email address like username@web.com? Whr i shd store ths Email ID and password so server can access thm and send to tat address?

I'm sorry I'm not gone be able advise on this as I never had to setup mailing system, only worked with know collection of users whom data been kept in database...

ok, how did u do tat?

Can I use JavaMail APIs without internet? Means, in organization or on only one pc as Client/Server??

as long as there is a mailserver somewhere, you can use javamail.
For the system you describe (multiple applications communicating on a single machine) I'd use something like JMS instead.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.