I am use asp.net with C#.net...
my question is how to get message box at server side...

example is ..> we think there is the asp textbox in the asp page.if this textbox is empty message box [conform box] must appear with the message called "Are u really want to submit data without textbox null ??"...

How I solve this problem...Please help me... Thank you...

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

btn.attributes.add("onClick",yourJavaScriptFunctionCallHere())

google around you'll get the idea...!

No dnanetwork ... That is not answer..it is client side message box...when i click button already show message box,if textbox null or not...
I want to show message box if only textbox is null,when button click event..otherwise
not need to show message box
thank u dnanetwork to help me

dude...you can control the messagebox through javascript...

script code will check..

if there is no error ( Textbox not empty) then return true and dont show the message box else show the message box and return false;

>my question is how to get message box at server side...

Nope. You can't.

dnanetwork
could u show the code please...

use the RequireFieldValidator and validtionSummary contorl.
set the ShowMessageBox = "true"...I believe it will work for you..

No dnanetwork ... That is not answer..it is client side message box...when i click button already show message box,if textbox null or not...
I want to show message box if only textbox is null,when button click event..otherwise
not need to show message box
thank u dnanetwork to help me

commented: Nope. Please read OP. -2
if (2 > 1) // Your Conditions
        {
            Response.Write("<script type=\"text/javascript\" language=\"javascript\">alert('Errrrr');</script>");

/// OR
            ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(GetType(), this.ClientID, "alert('Errorrrrrrrr');",true);
        }

dnanetwork...
Thanks to U....Ur Genius

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.