I have to create a registration form through which data will be entered into two tables one the profile table n other the address table. The problem is that i have to enter the address id of address table simultaneously into the profile table. now i dont know how to take the output of select query through which i retreive the address_id and insert it into the profile table.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Uhmm, so basically one profile can has multiple address link to it? that is your relation between both tables?

its like one table consists of user details n other table has address details. the add_id of the corresponding address of the user has to be entered in user detail table.

2 tables Profile & Address
Profile Contains Address_ID, lot more fields and Address Contains Address_ID,Address1,Address2

Select Address.Address1,Address.Address2 from Profile,Address where Profile.Address_ID = Address.Address_ID

hope that helps!

I have to create a registration form through which data will be entered into two tables one the profile table n other the address table. The problem is that i have to enter the address id of address table simultaneously into the profile table. now i dont know how to take the output of select query through which i retreive the address_id and insert it into the profile table.

You had problem that you put address_id in both table but when you retrieve that you selected a address_id from specific table you choose,when you fire a select query then mentioned a "select a address_id from a address;" if you want from profile then same query you fire instead of address you put profile table name,and you make a join for this table then you retrieve your answer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.