hi

can any one please tell me how can i increase sql packet size in xampp server? i am getting an error like "Mysql packet size is 1MB and it is lower than the size of the file GeoIPCountryWhois.csv which is 9MB. "

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I'm pretty sure you can just edit the max post and max upload sizes in the php.ini file to allow for bigger files. I think it's in the root of your xampp folder. If not you should be able to search it out. Once you find the php.ini file look for 'POST_MAX_SIZE' and 'MAX_UPLOAD_SIZE' and set them to the size that you want. Hope that helps :)

I'm pretty sure you can just edit the max post and max upload sizes in the php.ini file to allow for bigger files. I think it's in the root of your xampp folder. If not you should be able to search it out. Once you find the php.ini file look for 'POST_MAX_SIZE' and 'MAX_UPLOAD_SIZE' and set them to the size that you want. Hope that helps :)

Thanks for the reply but how to do this on live server? i have access to the control panel.

Do you have physical access to the server? If not you will have to use FTP to make changes to the php.ini and probably putty to restart apache.

Do you have physical access to the server? If not you will have to use FTP to make changes to the php.ini and probably putty to restart apache.

well i have taken linux hosting and can use ftp but can you please be a little bit more detailed about how can i do this by ftp?

Ok, I might have been confused as to what you were asking - I thought you were trying to upload a file larger than php.ini's allowable size.

It appears that you can fix your problem by logging in to your shell and executing the following command (replace the x with the actual amount of MB's you want your max packet size to be:
mysql --max_allowed_packet=xM

Here is the URL I got that info from:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/packet-too-large.html

If you're on shared hosting this may not be possible, in which case you should try and call your hosting company and work something out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.