I am working on a Joomla Website and Have Installed Jomsocial however I keep getting some syntax errors. The files and folders are exactly where they are supposed to be I believe its just the code and I cant see it. below is where my errors are said to be...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/findthem/public_html/administrator/components/com_community/models/network.php on line 56

I know there is an issue on line 56 and maybe 58. it keeps going back and forth to T-Constant errors and

Failed to Launch errors.  directory of file is in home/public_html/administrator/components/com_community/models/network.php

thanks for the help in advance.

{
    $include_path '/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/findthem/php'  {
        // Parse SEF URL to join_url
        $communityLibraries = JPATH_SITE . DS . 'components' . DS . 'com_community' . DS . 'libraries' . DS . 'core.php';
        require_once($path.'/home/findthem/public_html/administrator/components/com_community/libraries');      
        $params     = array();
        $params['network_site_name']        = '';
        $params['network_description']      = '';
        $params['network_keywords']         = '';
        $params['network_language']         = '';
        $params['network_member_count']     = '';
        $params['network_group_count']      = '';
        $params['network_enable']           = '0';
        $params['network_site_url']         = JURI::root();
        $params['network_join_url']         = CRoute::_(JURI::root().'index.php?option=com_community&view=register', false);
        $params['network_logo_url']         = '';
        $params['network_cron_freq']        = 24;
        $params['network_cron_last_run']    = 0;

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi,
You're missing a semi-colon and an assignment operator in your first line (Also, why is there an opening brace right after it?):

$include_path = '/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/findthem/php'; {

Hope that helps.
-EF

Just as EvolutionFallen wrote, but leave { out from the end of the line.

Sorry, forgot to delete that when I copied and pasted. Thanks F-3000 =)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.