Jesi523 0 Junior Poster in Training

I need some help. I am currently creating an event caledar. First there is a web page that a person would input information for an event there were holding with the dates and times. This information would be stored in a SQL Server database. Then a link is given to that person to send out to people that need to attend the event. First, I do not know how to generate the link using just that eventId. I know that I need to use query parameter string but I do not know how to do that. Once that happens I have events loaded on a calendar with items just for that event. Once the user clicks on the link I would have to send them to another link to sign up for the class, but this link would have to include the eventId and the occurrenceID. Then the information would need to be inserted into the database just for that eventID and that occurenceId. Can some please give some input on how I would go about doing these things? I have inserted information into a database before from web pages but I do not know how to do it based on the link that needs to be created. Please help if you can. Thank you!!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.