Hi all

I'm starting to learn more about PHP5/OOP and the CodeIgniter framework. Most frameworks seem to have form classes and form helpers. What are the benefits of using these over straight HTML? I take it there is a reason for getting the server to process code as an additional step to just letting the browser render straight HTML?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

i don't really use the CI form helpers, the only form helper i use is the form() and the anchor() tag of CI. coz if u use the normal anchor and form you will encouter lots of problem upon redirection

My question is not really CodeIgniter specific, I just want to understand why use form helpers and classes? what are the benefits over straight HTML?

I will be using it too and have started doing some tutorials. Here is quote from link below (User guide)

The main benefit of using this tag rather than hard coding your own HTML is that it permits your site to be more portable in the event your URLs ever change.

http://codeigniter.com/user_guide/helpers/form_helper.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.