Protected Sub btnSend_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnSend.Click

If txtFromAddress.Text = "" Then
            MsgBox("Please Enter From Address", MsgBoxStyle.Exclamation)
            txtFromAddress.Focus()
        Else
            If txtToAddress.Text = "" Then
                MsgBox("Please Enter To Address", MsgBoxStyle.Exclamation)
                txtToAddress.Focus()
            Else
                If txtSub.Text = "" Then
                    MsgBox("Please Enter Subject", MsgBoxStyle.Exclamation)
                    txtSub.Focus()

Else
                    Dim mailmessage As System.Net.Mail.MailMessage = New System.Net.Mail.MailMessage()
                    mailmessage.From = New System.Net.Mail.MailAddress(txtFromAddress.Text.Trim())
                    mailmessage.To.Add(New System.Net.Mail.MailAddress(txtToAddress.Text.Trim()))
                    'mailmessage.ReplyTo
                    mailmessage.Priority = Net.Mail.MailPriority.High
                    mailmessage.Subject = txtSub.Text.Trim()
                    'mailmessage.Attachments.Add(new System.Net.Mail.Attachment("c:\temp.txt")
                    mailmessage.IsBodyHtml = False
                    mailmessage.Body = txtBody.Text.Trim()

'Dim smtpClient As System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient = New System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient()
                    'Dim smtpClient As New System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient(System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("network"))
                    Dim smtpClient As New System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient("smtp.gmail.com", 587)

smtpClient.DeliveryMethod = Net.Mail.SmtpDeliveryMethod.PickupDirectoryFromIis
                    Try
                        smtpClient.Send(mailmessage)
                        MsgBox("Mail Sended Succsesfuiiy to " + txtToAddress.Text + " ")
                        txtFromAddress.Text = ""
                        txtSub.Text = ""
                        txtBody.Text = ""
                        txtToAddress.Text = ""

Catch smtpExc As System.Net.Mail.SmtpException

Catch ex As Exception
                        ex.Message.ToString()

End Try

End If
            End If
        End If

End Sub

this is my code writen by ASP.NET and Vb.NET while cliching on button message box shows( MsgBox("Mail Sended Succsesfuiiy to " + txtToAddress.Text + " ") ) means application executes completly but the mail we sended is not receved by the recever we specified in to txtToaddress.text

according to me the host name i passed must be wrong and i dont know what name to be passed here so please help me

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

A couple of things to check...
Is it in the junk folder of the receiving account?
Is there a non-delivery report in the mailbox of the "From" account?

there is no junk folder in google and spam folder is empty
it does not showing any thing it shows olly MsgBox that i specified in code at the end

if u know will u please tell me what name we have to need to pass in to host name

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.