The output was long so I attached it.

No, that was the output from the error code from firebug. Still getting the "missing ) after argument list jfunc(187,100m Swim,1)" I'm not sure if the issue is with the below command or the function.

<td align="left"><a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="jfunc('.$row["id"].','.$row["event"].','.$i.')" />Update</a></td>

sorry dude im out of idea, but thats the only possible error i could think of, coz when i examined your code, i noticed that at first it lacking the closing parenthesis of the jfunc() function, the code look like this

<a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="jfunc('.$row["id"].','.$row["event"].','.$i.'" />Update</a>

so its clear that it will be an error if you dont close your function

so you must append the closing parenthesis of jfunction()

<a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="jfunc('.$row["id"].','.$row["event"].','.$i.')" />Update</a>

Thanks a lot vaultdweller123 for all the help the past few days. This is my first attempt at php so has been a learning experience. I was able to finally get it working wit the below syntax. I have to work on the way it refreshes as it doesn't post the new result until I refresh the screen but after I do the new value is posted so I'm ok with that for now. Again thanks for the help.

<td align="left"><a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="jfunc('.$row["id"].',\''.$row["event"].'\','.$i.')">Update</a></td>

Fixed the refresh issue as well. Just added the below after the update statment.

header("Location: mathleteresults.php");
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.