php code to block login of a user for 15 minutes after 3 failed attempts...

please

Edited by mayuri_desh: n/a

Votes + Comments
Just a note, google is your friend, research before asking others to do your work for you :)
Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by devianleong

[start_rant]
Maybe it's just me but we seem to be getting a lot of posts from newbies (more than normal) who post vague general questions or dump a whole bunch of code that isn't working and expect someone who knows what they are doing to spend a bunch of time doing something that they may have been too lazy to do for themselves. You don't need to be a php expert to post a question or a problem (probably quite the opposite most of the time). I think that we should expect some effort on their part first to do some research, some testing / debugging and provide a decent statement of the problem / question before they get any help. In many cases, you can do the work to get them an answer and you don't even get a response much less a thank you. Maybe what the internet needs is a global rating of every person for intelligence and as a decent human being. This would follow you around everywhere you go so everyone would know what they are dealing with. Sort of like the DaniWeb + or - ratings for individual posts but on steroids. I am kidding (mostly) but it seems that there are quite a few people who would deserve to be blacklisted on one or both counts.
[end_rant]

Votes + Comments
My sentiments exactly!
agreed, very well said ^_^

I am trying configure such as well, I came across this link http://www.daniweb.com/web-development/php/threads/324747/login-form-help which the syntax in the code seems to be wrong first, no biggie...yet I am unable to get anything like this to work...this one just redirects to header and tracks with column 'attempts' or is at least supposed to. However, a timeout would be good too. My current script just states invalid and then link for retry. I have been stuck on this for a while and not sure if I must get out of outher routine in that to make the other enforce in php and I guess timed prevention would need to get ip and put in database and concate to some script to prevent login or something...anyway...hope this is clear enough.

I'm so sorry for late reply. I'm out station to other place so..Please forgive me.

pritaeas, your solution help me a lots! Thanks =D

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.