I own a site and the programmer has not made the columns user selectable for ascending and descending. Would any one like to help me out?

Here is a spinet of code that has the tables.

<tr>
									<td width="50" align="center"><font size="2"><? print $usemembernumber ?></font></td>
									<td width="50" align="center"><font size="2"><? print $usestatus ?></font></td>
									<? if ($totalsitecount < 1){ ?>
									<td width="150" align="center"><font size="2" color="blue"><? print "$usefirstname $uselastname"; ?></font></td>
									<? } else { ?>
									<td width="150" align="center"><font size="2"><? print "$usefirstname $uselastname"; ?></font></td>
									<? } ?>
									<td width="100" align="center"><font size="2"><? print $uselastvisitdate ?></font></td>
									<td width="100" align="center"><font size="2"><? print $show25plus ?></font></td>
									<? if ($totalsitecount < 1){ ?>
									<td width="50" align="center"><font size="2" color="blue"><b><? print $totalsitecount ?></b></font></td>
									<? } else if ($allsiteinactive == 'Y') { ?>
									<td width="50" align="center"><font size="2" color="red"><b><? print $totalsitecount ?></b></font></td>
									<? } else { ?>
									<td width="50" align="center"><font size="2"><b><? print $totalsitecount ?></b></font></td>
									<? } ?>
									<td width="50" align="center"><font size="2"><b><? print $totalsitecount1 ?></b></font></td>
									<td width="50" align="center"><font size="2"><b><? print $totalsitecount2 ?></b></font></td>
									<td width="50" align="center"><font size="2"><b><? print $totalsitecount3 ?></b></font></td>
									<td width="50" align="center"><font size="2"><b><? print $totalsitecount4 ?></b></font></td>
									<td width="50" align="center"><font size="2"><b><? print $totalsitecount5 ?></b></font></td>
									<td width="50" align="center"><font size="2"><b>&nbsp;</b></font></td>
									<? if ($checknoticeflag == 'Y'){ ?> 
									<td width="50" align="center"><font size="2"><a href="<? print $flipnoticeflagurl ?>"><b>ON</b></a></font></td>
									<? } else { ?>
									<td width="50" align="center"><font size="2"><a href="<? print $flipnoticeflagurl ?>"><b>OFF</b></a></font></td>
									<? } ?>
									<td width="50" align="center"><font size="2"><a href="<? print $editmemberlink ?>">Edit</a></font></td>
									<td width="50" align="center"><font size="2"><a href="<? print $emailmemberlink ?>">E-Mail</a></font></td>
									<td width="50" align="center"><font size="2"><a href="<? print $deletememberlink ?>">Remove</a></font></td>
								</tr>

I would like all of them able to sort by ascending or descending except for Notice and also have all the right info in there. IE the user number is for the right user name
and such as that

Any help will be of great help and probably stop me from going bald from pulling out my hair. LOL

Dave

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Whats up with the fuc.. uhm odd formatting?

Are you querying your results from an SQL database? Then it is easy to let MySQL return the values sorted.

I use a javascript to create sortable tables from javascript.internet.com
sortable tables et al , a really Workable HowTo and samples
others will suggest reloading the page from the server with a different sql query, but server time, download size etc and the difference between instant sort and page refreshing

& I agree with Excizted, the formatting is fuc..uhm- odd

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.