How do you open a window on the same page?
(response.redirect will go to the other page.)
Thanks.

Protected Sub DropDownList1_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles DropDownList1.SelectedIndexChanged
        Select Case DropDownList1.Text
            Case "First Meeting Room"
                Response.Redirect("http://localhost:52952/RoomSetting/FirstMeetingRoom.aspx", False)
            Case "Second Meeting Room"
                Response.Redirect("http://localhost:52952/RoomSetting/MainMenu.aspx", False)
        End Select
    End Sub

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Sorry, I need to get a bit more info out of you...

When you say "open a window on the same page" to what are you referring?

Yes, Response.Redirect will make a call to the browser to go to the new URL provided similar to clicking a link in a webpage would.

If you are trying to have the contents appear as a subset of the page that you are showing the rest of your content in you may need to look into frames or dynamic display methods available via ASP.Net (panels, divs, etc).

I'm sorry if I'm not understanding what you're looking for but the concept of a Response Redirect effect that doesn't redirect to a new page's content is not clicking for me at the moment :twisted:

Sorry, I need to get a bit more info out of you...

When you say "open a window on the same page" to what are you referring?

Yes, Response.Redirect will make a call to the browser to go to the new URL provided similar to clicking a link in a webpage would.

If you are trying to have the contents appear as a subset of the page that you are showing the rest of your content in you may need to look into frames or dynamic display methods available via ASP.Net (panels, divs, etc).

I'm sorry if I'm not understanding what you're looking for but the concept of a Response Redirect effect that doesn't redirect to a new page's content is not clicking for me at the moment :twisted:

on the page to open a window, the page still there, but a window is opened,when clicked. this is my question, Response.Redirect is to open a new page, right, but I want the page is still there, on the page just will open a new window when a clicked. Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.