Hello,

I want suggestion as to how to do the following:

1) In my current scenario,when a particular user fills a form which contains one field as manager and saves the details that manager receives an email stating that u have a request. This email also contais an URL which when clicked upon redirects the manager to view that request.

2) I am receiving email containing URL. However, when i click on that i am not being redirected to that particular page which i need...instead it redirects me to login page..when the manager fills in details he gets to see his home page.

To be precise:

CASE 1:
Manager Login : ---> PAGE 1 -----> PAGE 2.

CASE 2 : [ WHICH I NEED]
When manager receives link through EMAIL and clicks on it Following should happen

Manager Login -----> PAGE 2 { PAGE 1 should be skipped as the url will contain the page2 name so no need to redirect to page1 on login} How to achieve it???

Please awating reply,

Thanks
Rohan

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by dnanetwork

Hello,

I want suggestion as to how to do the following:

1) In my current scenario,when a particular user fills a form which contains one field as manager and saves the details that manager receives an email stating that u have a request. This email also contais an URL which when clicked upon redirects the manager to view that request.

2) I am receiving email containing URL. However, when i click on that i am not being redirected to that particular page which i need...instead it redirects me to login page..when the manager fills in details he gets to see his home page.

To be precise:

CASE 1:
Manager Login : ---> PAGE 1 -----> PAGE 2.

CASE 2 : [ WHICH I NEED]
When manager receives link through EMAIL and clicks on it Following should happen

Manager Login -----> PAGE 2 { PAGE 1 should be skipped as the url will contain the page2 name so no need to redirect to page1 on login} How to achieve it???

Please awating reply,

Thanks
Rohan

Hi Rohan

Just Overrider access permission in your web.config file

<location path="yourpage.aspx">
		<system.web>
			<authorization>
				<allow users="*"/>
			</authorization>
		</system.web>
	</location>

Don't forget to Mark as solved if it helps you!!!

Hi Yousuf,

I dont want to hardcode the page url in location path as the aspx page in url need not be always same...there are 4 such pages which will be der...so do i need to individually mention all these 4 pages?in location path??

Hi Yousuf,

I dont want to hardcode the page url in location path as the aspx page in url need not be always same...there are 4 such pages which will be der...so do i need to individually mention all these 4 pages?in location path??

Hello There

First of all if you're using access permission to your web app folders , then you're not allowed to visit that page unless athenticated/login. if this is the case then you can either create a folder (GuestFolder) and move all your pages in it and create a new web.config under that folder and give permissions (refer code #1 ) or define each and every page individually like my earlier post

code # 1

<system.web>
	<authorization>
		<deny users="?"/>		  
	</authorization>
    </system.web>

Yes i am using access permission.Please help me to resolve my issue. Say i am a manager and in my email i have received a link http://localhost/forms/xxx.aspx?id=2

I(Manager) have permission to access xxx.aspx page.
In a general scenario when the Manager logs in he is redirected to abc.aspx page. On that page there are several Names in a grid. When the Manager clicks on a particular name(id of whom is 2) then he(Manager) is redirected to xxx.aspx?id = 2 page.

However, when i receive an URL directly in my email as ....xxx.aspx?id= 2 i dont want to be directed to abc.aspx page rather i want directly xxx.aspx?id =2 page to be displayed.... HOW TO DO THIS.?????

MY authentication mode in web.config is Windows...

PLEASE HELP ME ITS VERY URGENT........

Yes i am using access permission.Please help me to resolve my issue. Say i am a manager and in my email i have received a link http://localhost/forms/xxx.aspx?id=2

I(Manager) have permission to access xxx.aspx page.
In a general scenario when the Manager logs in he is redirected to abc.aspx page. On that page there are several Names in a grid. When the Manager clicks on a particular name(id of whom is 2) then he(Manager) is redirected to xxx.aspx?id = 2 page.

However, when i receive an URL directly in my email as ....xxx.aspx?id= 2 i dont want to be directed to abc.aspx page rather i want directly xxx.aspx?id =2 page to be displayed.... HOW TO DO THIS.?????

MY authentication mode in web.config is Windows...

PLEASE HELP ME ITS VERY URGENT........

Try this

i think that is not a generic Approach..

let any user come to your login page..

after authentication you can check user role

and redirect user accordingly.
--------------------------------------------------------------
considering your case..

your application should know to whom you are sending this link..

if you are sending link to Manager then change the link accordingly in email.

i guess that won't be hard enough for you..

or may in querystring you can setup something and redirect accordingly.

and make the necessary setting in web.config.

hope that helps

Edited by dnanetwork: n/a

but i have no idea what changes we need to do in web.config file or how to change the url in email...can ne one of u guide me.

One more question....my authentication mode is windows in web.config file do i need to change it to "Forms" please guide me on this front aswell.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.