Hi, look I've been with a very frustating problem for like 2 or 3 days now, I have advanced but think I've gotten to point where cannot go any further I need some help and the sdn (business objects) forum regarding this topic simply suck, there's only one guy answering questions and even him only logs on for some minutes a day.

The situation is this:

I work on web projects developed in JPSs, Using the My Eclipse 7.5 IDE and Tomcat 6.0 as the web server.

My boss asked me to add Crystal Reports functionality to our projects so I installed CR 2008 and then downloaded the plugin for eclipse 2.0.

First problem was I couldn't install from the site because compatibility issues, I dropped the jars in the dropins folder and could get to have some CR functionality on My Eclipse.

Now I'm into the ponit where I cannot display my Crystal report on a jsp page, I have read to several forums and documentation and followed th suggestions, but cannot make the report to display.

Here is the error:

The viewer was unable to find the resources required to render the report.
Please check the following to resolve the issue.
1. Verify that /crystalreportviewers12/ is accessible to your WebApp and is the correct path to the viewer resources.
2. You may customize this location by altering the crystal_image_uri and crystal_image_use_relative properties in the web.xml.
3. Validate that the file crv.js exists at /crystalreportviewers12/js/crviewer/crv.js.

I have check in other threads regarding this topic and I think I have followed all the suggestions I think.

All my web content is on the webApplication folder I have checked that the crystal reports folder is inside this folder:

My_Project/webApplication/crustalreportsviewers12

Also the crv.js exists in the specified path.

And here are the entrance I added to the web.xml file in WEB-INF

<context-param>
<param-name>crystal_image_uri</param-name>
<param-value>/crystalreportviewers12</param-value>
</context-param>

<context-param>
<param-name>crystal_image_use_relative</param-name>
<param-value>webApplication</param-value>
</context-param>

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>CrystalReportViewerServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/CrystalReportViewerHandler</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

<servlet>
<servlet-name>CrystalReportViewerServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.crystaldecisions.report.web.viewer.CrystalReportViewerServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>

I even added the crystal-tags-reportviewer.tld file inside the WEB-INF directory

And I still getting that rendering error.

Well I used the fiddler application to track my web traffic and this is what I get when running my project.

When the report viewer jsp tries to load, this page should display the report

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

<meta http-equiv="Page-Enter" content="Alpha(opacity=100)"><HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Crystal Reports Viewer</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="webApplication/crystalreportviewers12/js/crviewer/images/style.css"><style> html,body { width: 100%; height:100%; margin:0; padding:0; } </style><!--[if IE]><style> html { height: auto; width: auto;}
body { overflow: hidden; }</style><![endif]-->
<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">
<!--
crv_config = {"lang":"en","needFallback":true,"useAsync":true}
//-->
</script>
<script language="JavaScript" src="webApplication/crystalreportviewers12/js/crviewer/crv.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">
<!--
if (typeof bobj == 'undefined') {
  document.write(
  '<STYLE type=\"text/css\">' +
  '.crExceptionBorder {background-color: #A3A3BC;}' +
  '.crExceptionHeader {background-color: #E4E4EC; color: black; font-family: Arial; font-weight: bold; font-size: 11pt;}' +
  '.crExceptionElement {background-color: #E4E4EC; border-top:1px solid #FFFFFF;}' +
  '.crExceptionText {color: black; font-family: Arial; font-size: 11pt;}' +
  '</STYLE>' +
  '<table class=\"crExceptionBorder\" width=\"100%\" cellspacing=1 cellpadding=0 border=0>' +
  '  <tr><td class=\"crExceptionHeader\">The viewer was unable to find the resources required to render the report.</td></tr>' +
  '  <tr><td>' +
  '    <table width=\"100%\" border=0 cellpadding=5 cellspacing=0>' +
  '      <tr><td class=\"crExceptionElement\">' +
  '        <table border=0 cellpadding=5 cellspacing=0>' +
  '          <tr><td><span class=\"crExceptionText\">Please check the following to resolve the issue.<br>1. Verify that webApplication/crystalreportviewers12/ is accessible to your WebApp and is the correct path to the viewer resources.<br>2. You may customize this location by altering the crystal_image_uri and crystal_image_use_relative properties in the web.xml.<br>3. Validate that the file crv.js exists at webApplication/crystalreportviewers12/js/crviewer/crv.js.</span></td></tr>' +
  '        </table>' +
  '      </td></tr>' +
  '    </table>' +
  '  </td></tr>' +
  '</table>'  )
}

And then I got the followin on fiddler:

<html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/6.0.18 - Informe de Error</title><style><!--H1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;} H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} H3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} BODY {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} P {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color : #525D76;}--></style> </head><body><h1>Estado HTTP 404 - /LoDYamaha/webApplication/crystalreportviewers12/js/crviewer/images/style.css</h1><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><p><b>type</b> Informe de estado</p><p><b>mensaje</b> <u>/LoDYamaha/webApplication/crystalreportviewers12/js/crviewer/images/style.css</u></p><p><b>descripci�n</b> <u>El recurso requerido (/LoDYamaha/webApplication/crystalreportviewers12/js/crviewer/images/style.css) no est� disponible.</u></p><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache Tomcat/6.0.18</h3></body></html>

<html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/6.0.18 - Informe de Error</title><style><!--H1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;} H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} H3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} BODY {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} P {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color : #525D76;}--></style> </head><body><h1>Estado HTTP 404 - /LoDYamaha/webApplication/crystalreportviewers12/js/crviewer/crv.js</h1><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><p><b>type</b> Informe de estado</p><p><b>mensaje</b> <u>/LoDYamaha/webApplication/crystalreportviewers12/js/crviewer/crv.js</u></p><p><b>descripci�n</b> <u>El recurso requerido (/LoDYamaha/webApplication/crystalreportviewers12/js/crviewer/crv.js) no est� disponible.</u></p><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache Tomcat/6.0.18</h3></body></html>

Anymore suggestions on what could be wrong?

Don't know what else I could try

Thanks in advance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.