Helllloooo DaniWeb peoples!! - I have books and whatnot, but I thinks I need opinions from real people ya know? My question - What do you think are essential projects that a professional web programmer needs to know how to do? Let em fly!! - an earnest THANK YOU

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The best way to learn is practise.
Look through these forums find something you don't know how to answer, learn it, and answer it. you'll pick it up in just a few weeks

I think that it is just as important to know where and how to find the information you need when you need it. As I learn things I keep notes and then when I want to do something that I haven't done for a while, I go back to the notes and look it up. If it's something that I haven't done before, then I'll go and find it on the web and probably add it to the notes. Avoiding the re-learning has saved me quite a bit of time.

One of the ways to learn is to look at other people's code (mostly good examples) and then try making changes to it. We are lucky with PHP that there is huge amount of open-source code out there along with lots of tutorials and help forums. You can see more advanced techniques like functions, classes, mvc structures and oop. You can start with more basic stuff but all levels of examples are easily available. It's a lot more fun to work on things that interest you so you should just pick a topic and jump in.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.