hey guys,
i had a quick question. does anyone know wether it is possible to have a dropdownlist and radio button list in a formview or is that not possible?if it is then how and if not, is there anyother way i can do that?

Hi,
I don't believe there is anything impossible, the question is if it makes sense.

If you create a drop down list with radio buttons, then you get the same result as if you had a drop down list. Still you can create a manual drop down list with radio buttons.

You can create a simple div as the drop down list itself.

<div id="dropdownlist" style="border: 1px solid #000;" onclick="document.getElementById('dropdownitems').display: block;">First Option</div>

Now you have to create a second div just underneath the first one (ID:dropdownlist) and place all data or radio buttons into it. Here we assign the ID "dropdownitems" to it. The second div has to be hidden and must appear when you click on the ID dropdownlist.

<div id="dropdownitems" style="display: none; height: 250px; width: 200px; overflow: auto;">
<div>I can be an option</div>
<div><input type="radio" name="whatever" value="1" />I am a radio button</div>
</div>

This is the base and should work. You can certainly add some effects to make it look better.

Good luck,
Ali Baradaran
albasiba

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.