hello...
i am creating a video library using asp.net.
i am new with asp.net with c#. in it i use datalist for images and hyperlink of video.
now i want to play video in other page by click on image which have hyperlink of video.
so what to do?

if you want to know what i am looking for then see the links..

this is a movies site.

<asp:DataList ID="DataList1" runat="server" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" Height="355px" Width="259px">
            <ItemTemplate>

<a  runat="server" href ='<%# Eval("video_url") %>'>
                 image_url:
                <asp:image  runat="server"  ImageUrl='<%# Eval("image_url") %>' Height="186px" Width="206px" /><br />
                </a><br />
                <br />
            </ItemTemplate>
        </asp:DataList>
        <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:ConnectionString %>"
            SelectCommand="SELECT [image_url], [video_url] FROM [Table2]"></asp:SqlDataSource>

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

what depends on the video type.

but the idea would be to create a page that contains the activex control you want to play the video with, or a much better idea a flash video player. and pass to that page the video url. Write a javascript that gets tells the flash video player where to stream from. And go from there.

Of course I can't help you an further because this is a big project, and more importantly it sounds illegal. (unless theses are home movies)

>now i want to play video in other page by click on image which have hyperlink of video. so what to do?

Set target="_blank" attribute.

<a  runat="server"  target='_blank' href ='<%# Eval("video_url") %>'>
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.