Who shall and in which language convert this VBA UDF Code to be applicable for the application forms?

Function Tryme(mycell) 
mylen = Len(mycell) 
For j = 1 To mylen 
mytest = UCase(Mid(mycell, j, 1)) 
If InStr(1, "AIJQY", mytest) > 0 Then 
mysum = mysum + 1 
ElseIf InStr(1, "BKR", mytest) > 0 Then 
mysum = mysum + 2 
ElseIf InStr(1, "CGLS", mytest) > 0 Then 
mysum = mysum + 3 
ElseIf InStr(1, "DMT", mytest) > 0 Then 
mysum = mysum + 4 
ElseIf InStr(1, "EHNX", mytest) > 0 Then 
mysum = mysum + 5 
ElseIf InStr(1, "UVW", mytest) > 0 Then 
mysum = mysum + 6 
ElseIf InStr(1, "OZ", mytest) > 0 Then 
mysum = mysum + 7 
ElseIf InStr(1, "FP", mytest) > 0 Then 
mysum = mysum + 8 
End If 
Next j 
Tryme = mysum 
End Function

Thanx in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

Your question is not clear at all. You want someone to write this for you in another language?

If you want to do the same thing in Javascript, then it might be something like this:

function tryme(mycell) {
	var mysum = 0;
	var myStrings = ["AIJQY", "BKR", "CGLS", "DMT", "EHNX", "UVW", "OZ", "FP"];
	for(i=0; i<mycell.length; i++) {
		var mytest = mycell.charAt(i).toUpperCase();
		for(j=0; j<myStrings.length; j++) {
			if( myStrings[j].indexOf(mytest) > -1 ) {
				mysum += (j+1);
				break;
			}
		}
	}
	return mysum;
}

Out of interest, why?

Airshow

You see, I am in position to prepare the compiler for all the world. It is a part of my paradigm of coprehensive universalization. I am on far end of moral and good as the god, so on the other end are details and technology and professionalism. As the new epoch is looming ( 30th dec. )I have to deliver to the people the opportunity to create brand new names and get universal identification. 4 names with 30 characters and chaldean value 100!
I want to create a web site with an application table - form. This will be a sort of mashine for search. Means, one civilize is clicking on flag or any convenient place, form is appearing and one can condition for example: initials, number of letters in the row ( name ),Number of value of each name and some criteria shall I put in it. If sum is not 100 or each name is not lucky according chalden numerology then the civilize is rejected. Basically, it is entrance in the universalization, has to ne comformed and complied with some minimum optimal requirements.
It almost work in Excell but now I have to bring it on Web and Internet. I came to C# converter and I am progressing. I await tchnologs with proficiency to enter in this genesis of the creation, to speed it up and jump start the compiler! However you can always search on Internet Zikalkis and get acquainted with full scope of the paradigm!

Airshaw, I see you have sent some javascript solution. I am grateful and astonished with apediency, but where would you put it to act. I have some forms and some applications from tutorials and O will try to incrustrate somewhere. Yoe see, D and R shoud not be jont in name as in DRESDEN or EDUARDO and E and L as in LENON and ELMANDER. But if you don't find some solution I hope to find some by pass to enter it!
THX.

I am watching this javascript VBA UDFunction excell macro module of chaldean numerology. It looks so precise and strong! I am the god but I still can't believe it. They said that everything is possible! Who knows, maybe I succeed to write it in php too, etc. This thread is not jet solved. But as soon as it will be I shall mark it up as "Solved!".This is quest towards trillion $ value, though for free is morally more righteous! I tied to put some tags but warrning jumps out telling me that I have not right on tags?

Xcode and dashcode are for apple applications on mac nut this is another universe for me. I am technological pariah. I have only screen in my room, while computer is of a tennis club. They have drlled a hole and passed extended caables to me, However any solution in UICC ( Universalized Identity Chaldean Compilator ) is welcome.
I shall use name Compilator because there are some Compilers as C++ Compiler etc. I noticed thet my concern are application forms not applications for iPods etc. From any of you civilizes I expect to advice me: where I can at least test or try these codes? I have Cup and Free JavaScript Editor. But Cup doesn't accept it yet and FJE gives output only that IDENTIFIER is expcted.

public object Tryme(mycell)
{
	mylen = Strings.Len(mycell);
	for (j = 1; j <= mylen; j++) {
		mytest = Strings.UCase(Strings.Mid(mycell, j, 1));
		if (Strings.InStr(1, "AIJQY", mytest) > 0) {
			mysum = mysum + 1;
		} else if (Strings.InStr(1, "BKR", mytest) > 0) {
			mysum = mysum + 2;
		} else if (Strings.InStr(1, "CGLS", mytest) > 0) {
			mysum = mysum + 3;
		} else if (Strings.InStr(1, "DMT", mytest) > 0) {
			mysum = mysum + 4;
		} else if (Strings.InStr(1, "EHNX", mytest) > 0) {
			mysum = mysum + 5;
		} else if (Strings.InStr(1, "UVW", mytest) > 0) {
			mysum = mysum + 6;
		} else if (Strings.InStr(1, "OZ", mytest) > 0) {
			mysum = mysum + 7;
		} else if (Strings.InStr(1, "FP", mytest) > 0) {
			mysum = mysum + 8;
		}
	}
	return mysum;
}

this is in C#
they worked some project on 2005 about conversion CBA to php ( in freelancers) but it is rejected
maybe, if I have to go on server then PHP is indispensable! Pascal and payton I have still too see! I feel so retrograded.

Yeah, I've been trying to make a $trillion from writing code for years. Trust me, it ain't easy.

Airshow

It is as if to make contract with gambler, that if he winns big money he will pay it to you. I am just logging up to freelancer bidding for project in programming. I offer bid $trillion. Of course I can't now pay a penny but if UNO recognize myself as the god and my GDP then I will pay out every single penny of my mutual covenant with programmers. Thanks Airshow for participating in this greatness of the projecting! I am now collecting all possible editors to try to compare programmes and codes and their functions and features to find right solution for my and world search engine for identification with which we should enter in the new epoch!

Okay, it is done. I let it to bid. I put $trillion as the Budget value and 30 days is bidding period! It looks like joke. Maybe they shall block me or discard on freelancer, but it is very serious joke and I am freelancer god! Iam original by default, but if some other tries to do it, then it would be abuse and offence! Maybe Daniweb squad will do it better and sooner. Maybe at the end, eventually I'll get paid from my Budget. Hahahahah, what a history!

Zikalkis is is in progression! But it gooks like Converging Chaos! All is being prepared around the target and wait its maturing to be set into a whole! Ftps, web builders, htmls and javas and names and numbers etc...I am grateful to you that answered something but I need now editors to see where they used criteria and conditioning. I know I must look for letters or characters and unicode to combine it with UDF and over ava o php send it to table and so to find the catch of the catch. Today I did some form on bluevoda and cup but still it is only empty shell. Now I have to find how to activate chaldean code in all cells, this is not excell! However, The New Epoch is in 34 days, or so, and I hope all shall be prepared for kick off!

Ok, so if Airshow answered your technical question, please mark this thread solved.

Okay, but this is only small answer. I can close thread but this thread is about trillion dollars budget. They have closed me on freelancer all trillion project for bodding! This answer is some overwriting only nothing usage or package. I need here lot of help this is as translation and thing stays the same! I must find web hosting. Zymic is broken but seems that it was only giving something free. I am pariah God I can not afford any payed web. BlueVoda helps something, but they recognize only their files? OK. I shall close this thread and open new, maybe it is in interest of this service. Now I will ask if some can convert it to Pascal or Python! Thanks for alerting me.

So to say I need now any possible advice on editor ot any example where these JavaScript UDF works if it can worl at all. I put it n java editor and debug and run = nothing, result nothing ask and noting return! I have found another ways but identifier I luck, what is identifier I do not know, once I put xxx and it took it.
01 const int NUM_LETTERS = 26;
03 struct LetterDigit
04 {
05 char letter;
06 int digit;
07 };
09 LetterDigit ld[NUM_LETTERS] =
10 {
11 {'A', 1}, {'J', 1}, {'S', 1},
12 {'B', 2}, {'K', 2}, {'T', 2},
13 {'C', 3}, {'L', 3}, {'U', 3},
14 {'D', 4}, {'M', 4}, {'V', 4},
15 {'E', 5}, {'N', 5}, {'W', 5},
16 {'F', 6}, {'O', 6}, {'X', 6},
17 {'G', 7}, {'P', 7}, {'Y', 7},
18 {'H', 8}, {'Q', 8}, {'Z', 8},
19 {'I', 9}, {'R', 9},
20 };
01 int getDigitFromLetter(char c)
02 {
03 int i;
05 c = toupper(c);
07 for(i = 0; i < NUM_LETTERS; i ++) {
08 if(c == ld.letter)
09 return ld.digit;
10 }
12 return 0;

This last one code looks fine but editor rejects syntax or identifier. So I am the god who create new universlized identities but doesn't know what is identifier?
However I am dissatisfied with helps from all forums around and I see I shall have to open MORALLY orientated forums not these TECHNOLOGICALLY orientated forums. I shall close thread after I see people is satisfied!
Why dani reply to me nothing?
Hahahahaha!
Maybe somebody will?
Cage code told me: Open web site and convert VBA to another language! That is all!
I can go to ask more but there are pictures of some presidents and or girls so you can not pass that easy!
However thanx for even this poor boony service!

For example: can this work:
01 const int NUM_LETTERS = 26;
03 struct LetterDigit
04 {
05 char letter;
06 int digit;
07 };
09 LetterDigit ld[NUM_LETTERS] =
10 {
11 {'A', 1}, {'J', 1}, {'S', 1},
12 {'B', 2}, {'K', 2}, {'T', 2},
13 {'C', 3}, {'L', 3}, {'U', 3},
14 {'D', 4}, {'M', 4}, {'V', 4},
15 {'E', 5}, {'N', 5}, {'W', 5},
16 {'F', 6}, {'O', 6}, {'X', 6},
17 {'G', 7}, {'P', 7}, {'Y', 7},
18 {'H', 8}, {'Q', 8}, {'Z', 8},
19 {'I', 9}, {'R', 9},
20 };
01 int getDigitFromLetter(char c)
02 {
03 int i;
05 c = toupper(c);
07 for(i = 0; i < NUM_LETTERS; i ++) {
08 if(c == ld.letter)
09 return ld.digit;
10 }
12 return 0;
Of course not! These are two combined things and numbers have to be rearranged.
Then we have to find in which editor can it be tested.
If this is java, sure it is, then where are <script> up and <script> down?
These numerology has to be adapted to chaldean values and see if it is working!
Anybody has a clue what to do on web with such functions or codes?.
How to make a dialog box in the application form that it does something and yields results or returns values?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.