ddellostritto 0 Newbie Poster

Hi All. I am building a project assuming that there is a mehtod for intercepting incoming and outgoing mail from a mailserver. If it is not possible please let me know, I am new working with mail servers, so any material that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

I am building a project to manage contacts and the organization's interaction with them throughtout a broad range of services. I would like the creation of the contacts be as automatic as possible. In this sense, what I had thought would be interesting was to create a page that would intercept all incoming and outgoing message from the org.'s mailserver. The intercepted data would be stored on a msqyl database.

Is this possible in php? Would this be the correct way of going about it?

What I'm looking for is a place to start looking and learning. Reading materials, tutorials, case-studies, etc. Whatever you can send over to help me get closer to my goal. Also, if the method I've described above is flawed, or you can recommend a better method, I'd be willing to hear your thoughts on that as well.

I appreciate the help, thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.