With things slowing down now for Christmas I wish I was the other side of this issue...

I believe this is an ASP.net config / web server config issue and I don't quite know where to go from here.

I have a two virtual servers; SQL1, WEB1.
A web site on WEB1 is using Windows authentication. This appears to work correctly - querying the active directory on SQL1 (domain is Dev).
The issues:
1) If I log in to the web site using windows authentication as Dev\Administrator, it authenticates correctly but User.Identity.Name returns Web1\Administrator.
This seems strange to me.
2) Dev\RecosAdmin logs in (the web authentication succeeds) but cannot run the website resulting with the error:
"Some Or All Identity References Could Not Be Translated"
3) If I create a local user Web1\RecosAdmin I log in correctly and the site works perfectly.
4) If I add <identity impersonate="true" /> to the web.config I get a 500 - Internal Server Error

What is it I am missing? Is a trust needed somewhere or a security level for the app pool...? Scratching my head now.

Merry Christmas,

Nicholas

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Thankfully the systems admin team are now looking into this.
If I get to hear what the solution was I will post it here.
N

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.