Hello,

Please can you hint me about an easy and clear way to cache ajax response into client browser WITHOUT using the JQuery? I am unable to find that on google.

I have a page that is loaded using AJAX and it takes long time to load every time (approximately 28 seconds), so I need to cache it to reduce the time. I tried the stored procedure for database, but it did not give me good result, so I want to try the caching.

Please advise and many thanks.

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Moderns

Pritaeas's solution is probably the simplest.

Another option is to use the browser's offline local storage. To see what I mean, check out http://www.jstorage.info/

However, to make it "easy to use" as you say, you would have to use a framework (use the website's jStorage library), otherwise you'd have to write it from scratch and worry about browser compatibility.

Save your output to file and return that as response. You can refresh it at a set interval.

Thanks for your response. Please give me an example I really did not get the way to follow.

Pritaeas's solution is probably the simplest.

Another option is to use the browser's offline local storage. To see what I mean, check out http://www.jstorage.info/

However, to make it "easy to use" as you say, you would have to use a framework (use the website's jStorage library), otherwise you'd have to write it from scratch and worry about browser compatibility.

Thanks for your reply, I will read about it.

I assume you run some queries and build a json array to output. You can save that array to a file, and read/output it next time your script is called, instead of running your queries.

I assume you run some queries and build a json array to output. You can save that array to a file, and read/output it next time your script is called, instead of running your queries.

Thanks for your reply. I will search about json array solution.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.