Hi Thanks for the replies for my previous question.
I m beginner to coldfusion and I will explain my whole problem in detail now.
My client had developed an application in coldfusion and we are using that.
Actually there is no login system for that application.The user can enter into the application based on the cookies file.suppose if the loginid in the cookies stored in the system and loginid in the users table in database matches,Then the user will be able to login to the application.
The user has a separate application to register.
Now the problem is whenever the user reregisters again the ids wont match.so everytime i have to get cookies file from user and have to modify it and ask the user to keep it in the same place.
its really problematic because whenever the user forgets the password user is registering again such that there are duplicate entries.
I can create a login system for the users but how to delete all the cookies system in my application code so that these error wont arise again.

Now the problem is whenever the user reregisters again the ids wont match

Registering is a one time event. It should never happen more than once.

its really problematic because whenever the user forgets the password user is registering again such that there are duplicate entries.

The application shouldn't allow that to happen. That's what "Forgot your password" links are for ;-)

Assuming you're not joking about this ... truthfully it sounds like the application is doing things the wrong way. Do a search on coldfusion login tutorial. There are plenty of examples on the right way to design login pages.

Good Luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.