hi, I'm a web developer and very new to Cold Fusion. I understand its abilities and wanted to show management how data can be tracked for one of our programs. In the code below the employee name, division, branch_section_office, date, and title of meeting are required. After that I would like to have the user click on the radio button "Would you have attended this meeting in person if it required traveling?" if no I'd like the pop-up message of "Please hit the data data submit button below". Does cold fusion have that functionality? thanks so so much!

<cfform action="avoided_travel_action.cfm" method="post" name="avoid_travel"></form>
<table>
 <tr>
  <td> Employee Name</td>
  <td> <cfinput name = "employeeName" type="text"
   size ="20" maxlength= "50"  required="yes"/></td>
  </tr>
   <tr>
    <td> Division </td>
    <td> <cfinput name="divisionName" type="text"
    size ="20" maxlength= "50" required="yes"/></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
    <td> Branch/Section/Office </td>
    <td> <cfinput name="branchSectionOffice" type="text"
    size ="20" maxlength= "50"required="yes"/></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
    <td> Title of Meeting </td>
    <td> <cfinput name="meetingTitle" type="text"
    size ="20" maxlength= "50"required="yes"/></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
    <td> Date of Meeting </td>
    <td> <cfinput name="meetingDate" type="text"
    size ="20" maxlength= "50" required="yes"/></td>
   </tr>
</table>
<p></p>
<h3> Would you have attended this meeting in person if it required traveling?</h3>
<font face="0Font"></font>
<cfinput type = "Radio"
name = "attend"
value = "Y"  /> Yes
<cfinput type = "Radio"
name = "attend"
value = "N"  /> No
</cfform>

</body>
</html>

Edited by Ezzaral: Added code tags. Please use them to format any code that you post.

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by mary123

Personally that's too many popup messages for me ;-) But what you're describing is done with javascript, not CF.
http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_popup.asp

You can incorporate the js into your form. You just have to tie it to the right event. Like in your form's OnSubmit() event.

I really appreciate your reply. my programmar husband said the exact same thing you said about the popup boxes! but the manager wanted this put in...maybe I can take this out later. thanks again!

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.