I am having trouble getting into my website on Wordpress. I get the following message and cannot sign-in.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in
/home/portfood/public_html/portfood/wp-admin/admin.php on line 9

Here is the text that is on that page. Can someone help ?
<?php
define('WP_ADMIN', TRUE);

if ( defined('ABSPATH') )
require_once( ABSPATH . 'wp-config.php');
else
require_once('../wp-config.php');

if ( get option('db_version') != $wp_db_version ) {
wp_redirect(get_option('siteurl') . '/wp-admin/upgrade.php?_wp_http_referer='

. urlencode(stripslashes($_SERVER)));
exit;

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

You forgot the underscore between get_option on line 9, and please, please use code tags next time.

Thanks so much for the advice but now I have a different message. I'm a newbie so please have patience.
Here is the new message after I made the change you told me.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_option() in /home/portfood/public_html/portfood/wp-admin/admin.php on line 7

You're trying to call a function that doesn't exist. Where is the definition for get_option

I don't have the answer to that. Really don't know what you mean by definition.Should I just delete that line ?

Thanks,

I did find out that I needed to get clean copies for a few files. I will be deleting those and upgrade my files again. Hopefully it works.

Thanks,

I did find out that I needed to get clean copies for a few files. I will be deleting those and upgrade my files again. Hopefully it works.

Getting clean copies seemed to solve the problem. Thanks for your help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.