MaceWindu 0 Newbie Poster

Hi everybody! Firstly, I apologize you if my English is not enough good, I'm from Spain.

I have a problem in JSP. I'm doing my software engineering master's final project and I have a hierarchy of users with different permissions for each. The problem I have is I want to save the data of each user in a "different workspace".

Let me explain. The system must be multi-user and concurrent. Then, when an user make login, its data (at least its user name) must be stored in the system (but not in the database, I mean in a form), so that the user should interact with the system and it should not be necessary to enter your login and password each time you want to make a change in the database. These are solutions I've tried and they have not worked:

1. Static methods and attributes. This does not work because although the data are kept in the system (static attributes of a class created for this purpose), when you open another browser and log another user, last data overlap first. This is because static attributes are attributes of class and obviously there is only one instance of it running. If the system has not been concurrent, this would work, but this is not the case.

2. Trying to access the ActionForm Bean that stores user and password data from a different Action. This is also not possible because only one ActionForm is passed as a parameter to the method "execute" and it cannnot do two ActionForm cast, only one to where it belongs.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thank yoo so much and sorry for my English again!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.