Helloo Guys...i have worked with PHP for almost two years and my Editor was Notepad++ then three weeks ago shifted and started using PHPEDIT ))

BUT FOR I AM LOOKING TO KNOW WHICH PHP FRAMEWORK IS BETTER,BECAUSE I WANT TO START WORKING ON IT.
PLEASE I NEED YOUR SUGGESTIONS.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Different frameworks have different strengths and weaknesses. I guess you should consider your objective of your web application and determine which one suits you best.

There are also quite a few articles which compares the top frameworks if you search for them on the web.

I personally have used CodeIgniter and CakePHP. But right now, I'm trying out Yii.. Feels good about Yii :)

Helloo Guys...i have worked with PHP for almost two years and my Editor was Notepad++ then three weeks ago shifted and started using PHPEDIT ))

BUT FOR I AM LOOKING TO KNOW WHICH PHP FRAMEWORK IS BETTER,BECAUSE I WANT TO START WORKING ON IT.
PLEASE I NEED YOUR SUGGESTIONS.

Use CodeIgniter it is easy to use light weight and the documentation is powerfull

Thankx Guys for ur Suggestion.
i think i will try Yii or CodeIgniter

Code-Editiors:

I Think Adobe Dreamweaver is Good one As a Complete IDE for Web Development and Code Editing. Code Multi-Coloring , Internal Language References and Command Helpers.But if Thinking About Simpler one (Free of Cost). The Netbeans IDE is One of the Best Code Editing For PHP.

Frameworks:

About PHP Frameworks , you Should Use Cake-PHP Because has Good and Rich Functionality. But I Prefer to Use Codeigniter If you Are Bigginer with MVC Concpet.

Hatem

Code - Editors: I understand that there can be a lot of views in that depending the background of a programmer but I strongly feel that Eclipse PDT (especially Helios) is a breakthrough in PHP programming.

Frameworks: Well in my point of view a framework is what the word says … a frame to work … and a way to do things. As many have stated maybe we are living in the edge time of frameworks, since many years know no new concept has arose in programming. That is actually a personal question involving how you prefer your work to be done… My advise is to compare many ways and finally choose what is closer to you. I don’t believe that frameworks with a big learning curve are good for programmers either, might be for users of a language or even a framework but not for programmers. Define who you are and what you want and I believe that everything else will be easy …

This is the reason the script world got few good ones. Stop using PHP frameworks and actually make something from the beginning, maybe you will learn something

commented: A counsel with experience. +1

I strongly support Sorcher's advice. Don't use a framework until you have hand-coded it all at least once yourself. Then move on to facilitate the job with a framework. Otherwise you will never know what you are actually doing.

You don't need to be a Guru before you can use a framework but you need to know the fundamentals of the programming language the framework is built upon, you also need to understand programming concepts like basic oop and design patterns. Personally Frameworks like codeigniter has increased my programming skills becos from time to time i peep into the code of the framework study before i start up a job i also try to right extensions fro the framework i am using

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.