In an effort to give back to the community, I'd like to start writing tutorials. I'm just not sure what topics to start with, or what topics are generally needed. I'd rather not duplicate a topic already covered on other tutorial sites, but I know I could put a different spin on things that may or may not be easier to understand. I am working on getting my MCPD in Web Application Development with .NET Framework 4, so this is a good chance for me to enhance my newer skills, review older ones, and learn new ones all together.

Any ideas for topics for my first tutorials? Try to stick with Microsoft Tech. on this, meaning SQL and ASP.NET. Please specify framework version too, otherwise I'm gonna assume .NET 4.

happygeek commented: Thanks, your help is appreciated +12

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

In an effort to give back to the community, I'd like to start writing tutorials. I'm just not sure what topics to start with, or what topics are generally needed. I'd rather not duplicate a topic already covered on other tutorial sites, but I know I could put a different spin on things that may or may not be easier to understand. I am working on getting my MCPD in Web Application Development with .NET Framework 4, so this is a good chance for me to enhance my newer skills, review older ones, and learn new ones all together.

Any ideas for topics for my first tutorials? Try to stick with Microsoft Tech. on this, meaning SQL and ASP.NET. Please specify framework version too, otherwise I'm gonna assume .NET 4.

.net 4? i just useing .net 2.0..............
.net 4.0 good?

Essentially 4 is just a feature addition for 2.0. Microsoft did an incremental upgrade as they moved up to 3.0, 3.5, and now 4. In theory anything that works in 2 should work in 4. Some new additions like LINQ, make data access a heck of a lot easier.

I am no ASP expert so cannot really help with topic choice. However, I have been a full time writer for more than 20 years now and can safely say that your best option is to choose the subject you know most about and are most comfortable talking about, especially for your first tutorial. That way you are likely to enjoy writing it, and if you enjoy writing then people are more likely to enjoy reading it.

Good luck!

Thanks, I was looking what topic was in greatest need, but this works too. Begin with the basics.

You can start with lieral control as well because many people dont know how to embed HTML in ASP.NET which sometimes becomes necessary.

I will be writing my tutorial starting tonight and working on it through the weekend. I will start with converting an existing pure HTML page into an ASPX page through the use of the Code Behind and the Literal control. This was a big problem I had when first starting out in ASP.NET, and I believe that others can learn from my example here.

My only remaining question on the topic is where to put the tutorial on DaniWeb so that it doesn't look like a regular posting.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.