I am software developer working in ASP.net for more than 3 years. I think it is the time for me to get a certification. I was wondering if it is worth it to spend money on 3.5 instead doing something in 4.0.

Currently I am studying book for 70-536 with the thoughts even if I dont take exam, reading would help me understanding bits and bytes for dotnet which we dont come across in real work so often.

Please help me deciding should I go for 3.5 MCPD or should I go for Web Developer 4.0 instead.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I'm currently working on 4, using the book for 70-515. There are quite a few differences between 3.5 and 4, but from my experiences, most people assume that if you know 4, then you know 3.5 already too.

My company only use 2.0 still, and we're trying to convince the higher ups to let us upgrade to 3.5 or 4, but we have client compatibility issues to contend with too.

I'm currently working on 4, using the book for 70-515. There are quite a few differences between 3.5 and 4, but from my experiences, most people assume that if you know 4, then you know 3.5 already too.

My company only use 2.0 still, and we're trying to convince the higher ups to let us upgrade to 3.5 or 4, but we have client compatibility issues to contend with too.

I think I would too go with 4.0. Thanks for replying!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.