sandra500 0 Newbie Poster

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this forum and a total newbie, and it looks like the most interesting place to ask this question. I am trying to come up with an easy instant price quote calculator in javascript for a window blinds website i want to start.

The price calculator i want is similar to this one
http://www.blindsuk.net/

Basically a very simple one with only 3 - 4 fields. Basically it would be imput of width and length measurements to get a price based upon the measurements typed in.

such as;
1) Width in mm
2) length in mm
3 ) click button to calculate total
4) Out comes price in £s Sterling

the price is calculated solely by set measurements that i would set in with a price structure for example

Width and length = price
So i guess i would have to add in the varying widths lengths and get the set price for this quote is this correct?

As a example:
Customer imputs Width at 1220mm and selected their length at 1370mm then the price is set to come out then at £19.92

This would be the type of script i am looking to create and add the varying 3 major imputs in to get the final price.

I have a set number of preset figures of widths lengths and prices to be placed into a script and anything placed in by the client would come out to the next nearest width and length, if not exact measurements as i have set.

Any help with trying to figure this would be most appreciated

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.