Member Avatar for ShandyElliott

How do I reference a div in a form when there are multiple forms on a page? Each form will have a unique id. I'm trying to change the style.display of a div in a particular form. I can alter elements inside that div (whether they have id's or names), but I can't seem to reference the containing div. For example, I have a div with an id=customOrder. Inside the div I have 3 objects. I want to be able to change the display value for the div instead of having to change each objects' display.

I'm currently passing (this.form) on a button click (which is what triggers the display of this div - well hopefully eventually). I've tried several things, but I guess I'm not getting the right combination.

The ultimate thing I'm trying to accomplish (and maybe this is part of my issue) is I have a series of 2 drop down menus I want to use for numerous items for purchase. I've included the drop down menus as "php includes", so when the page renders out, there will be multiple instances of the drop down menus (multiple instances of id's and names) - unless there is another way around this, I've got to work this way.

I've gotten so far as to be able to distinguish which form's "add to cart" button was clicked and its corresponding drop down values. As of now, when I code a textarea to be hidden, it hides ALL textareas on the page (because I can't figure out how to reference a div on a formID by formID basis...

If I need to supply a mock-up example, I can put one together...

thanks

Member Avatar for ShandyElliott

Anyone? I find it a little discouraging to spend time on constructing a post to not have anyone reply.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.