<html>
<title>Micro Elite Brigade - Participated Events</title><LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="images/favicon.png"><?php
require_once('upper.php');
if($_COOKIE['LoginIdCookie']){
require_once('database.php');
require_once('LoginStatement.php');
$LoginId=$_COOKIE['LoginIdCookie'];
$query="select * from participation where LoginId='$LoginId'";
$result=mysqli_query($dbc,$query) or die ('Not Connected');
//echo "<div class='search_output_data'>
echo "<table border='0' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0'>";
echo "<tr><th align='left' valign='top' width='100' height='20'>Event Title</th>
<th align='right' valign='top' width='250' height='30'>Date of Participation</th>
</tr>";
while($row=mysqli_fetch_array($result))
{

echo "
<tr><td colspan='4' align='left' valign='top' ><table align='left' border='0' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0'><tr><td align='left' valign='top'  width='200' height='20'>".$row['Title']."</td> <td width='50'>&nbsp;</td> <td align='left' valign='top' width='130'>".$row['Date']."</td> </tr></table>
</td></tr>";
}
echo "</table>";}
else{ echo 'Sorry, You must have to login.';}
require_once('lower.php');

?>

HI friends.....
I have a table named events in which I have a "Title" column.
When I print the value of Title column, it not displayed not more than 40 characters....
Where is the problem ???
Anyone??????

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Have you checked database value?
Database contain more than 40 char?

Have you checked database value?
Database contain more than 40 char?

Ya that is the only problem possible...i have checked the same wid mine n it's working fine...u might have specified size to 40....

Member Avatar for diafol

Use [ CODE ] tags. Please.

In addition, if you store non-ASCII characters, be aware that these will be multibyte characters, that take up between 2 and 3 'normal characters'. E.g.

"Iñtërnâtiônàlizætiøn" requires 27 width storage as opposed to 20.

If you store multibyte characters as shown in the string here, your field width should be x3 the expected size.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.