Hi everyone!
I want to send cyrillic letters with php, but it is not possible because php doesn't allow it. So, how do I covert the letters so that they could be sent.

<?php if (comments_open ()) : ?>
                        <div class="comment block" id="respond">
                            <div class="holder">
                                <h2><?php comment_form_title('[B]Остави коментар[/B]', 'Leave a Reply to %s');?></h2>

</div>

I have found this: (but I don't understand how to actually combine both codes)

function html_to_utf8 ($data)
    {
    return preg_replace("/\\&\\#([0-9]{3,10})\\;/e", '_html_to_utf8("\\1")', $data);
    }

function _html_to_utf8 ($data)
    {
    if ($data > 127)
        {
        $i = 5;
        while (($i--) > 0)
            {
            if ($data != ($a = $data % ($p = pow(64, $i))))
                {
                $ret = chr(base_convert(str_pad(str_repeat(1, $i + 1), 8, "0"), 2, 10) + (($data - $a) / $p));
                for ($i; $i > 0; $i--)
                    $ret .= chr(128 + ((($data % pow(64, $i)) - ($data % ($p = pow(64, $i - 1)))) / $p));
                break;
                }
            }
        }
        else
        $ret = "&#$data;";
    return $ret;
    }

Example:
echo html_to_utf8("a b &#269; &#263; &#382; &#12371; &#12395; &#12385; &#12431; ()[]{}!#$?* &lt; &#62;");

Output:
a b č ć ž こ に ち わ ()[]{}!#$?* &lt; &#62;

Thanks in advance!

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by didi00

did you used utf-8 encoding saving all the pages that you include? There is no need to use any function.... Just give more information about the problem...

As you mention everything as UTF-8. Also be aware that Cyrillic characters ar multibyte (the usually take two bytes for each char). So if you're going to be using substr() or strlen, use the mb_substr and mb_strlen functions instead.

Thanks guys it is solved. I just took the file, saved it again with utf-8 and it worked.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.