kvass 70 Junior Poster

Hey everyone! I was recently introduced to Ruby and am trying to learn it by working my way through the Ruby on Rails 3 Tutorial, but I got a little stuck on autotesting. The guide says that for Windows I should install "Growl for Windows," which I did, and then to use gem install autotest-growl -v 0.2.4 , and I did that and nothing appeared for around five minutes (unusually long time) and then it returned: Error: while executing gem ... (errno::einval) Invalid argument - C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/1.9.1/time.rb I have never had this sort of error before and none of the commands I was told to run in this tutorial have ever taken this long. Can someone please help me address this problem??? The book continues to use autotesting throughout the remainder of the tutorial and I don't think I'll be able to move on until I resolve this step.

Thanks in advance!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.