Hi all,
Does anyone know of any software/classes that can be used to generate images of network diagrams? We are using a tool called Graphviz using Perl at the moment but the diagrams are looking a little bit dated! The networks will be pretty small, consisting of 3 or 4 servers along with two or three other types of equipment.
Any ideas or suggestions are much appreciated.
Cheers

Recommended Answers

Here are some options that you can look at. Obviously, you are looking for a database-driven version and there may be limits with respect to the platform that you wish to run it on:

http://www.network-weathermap.com/about

You will see some other ones listed at the bottom of …

Jump to Post

All 3 Replies

Just to clarify, does this have to be an online real-time tool or is it basically a static image?

The image will be based on database values that are updated when a new piece of equipment is added to the network. The image will need to be re-generated on a page refresh - I'm not too fussed on real-time or AJAX type of stuff, but I guess I don't really mind. It would also be desirable to display information such as ip addresses, connection types, port numbers, storage enclosures etc. The prettier the better, the faster the better ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.