Hi, i have a login section made through layers and tables within dreamweaver. At the same place i have a login button (i have coded it and it works all right) but at the moment i have an issue, because when i sign in the login section which says enter username and password can still be seen. Is there any way of hiding this section of the website when i have successfully logged in. I have linked the login button to my login.php code page. What changes do i make to my login.php so that when i click on the login button on my dreamweaver page the login section on my webpage disappears.

Thankyou

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Jollyyy100

I do not know, but if it is im sorry. But actually i want to know how to hide or show layers e.g. <div id=layer onclick="MM_hideshowlayer('layer1','','hide')"> </div>, i tried something like this but it hides the entire thing while i want it to hide when i click on my button. I don't know if your getting what i really mean. Thank you

in your form tag, you should be using something like this:

<form method="post" action="login.php">
Username: <input type="text" name="username" /><br />
Password: <input type="password" name="password" /><br />
<input type="submit" onclick="this.form.submit" />

Then in your login.php file you want something like this:

<?php
$username = $_post["username"];
$password = $_post["password"];

$sql = "SELECT * FROM users WHERE userName = '$username'";
$result=mysql_fetch_array($sql);
if (!$result)
{
     die "Could not Query Database";
     mysql_error();
}
if ($username == $result[1] && $password == $result[2])
{
     session_start();

Then you would have the rest of your code after that. This is a really basic login, but it should be a basis that you can use for your page.

I'm not all that great with forms, but this should get you going.

Edited by Suetan: n/a

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.