hello

i need one of 2 things. either to make a table which changes its background color to black when the mouse enters the table and when the mouse is out, the background color should be transparent again

OR

i want a table with permanent transparent color like this site

http://koivi.com/ie-png-transparency/

i need this because i have a table with a lot of text which is displayed over a background image and i want both the text and the background image to be visible in the same time. i modified the code behind the site above and it works but only if i use the images provided by the site. if i come with images of my own, it doesn't work anymore.. so i downloaded GIMP, i tried to add an alpha channel and save my image as PNG but no effect. i also tried to make a PNG image with only one selected color as transparent and yes the selected image color becomes transparent BUT it doesn't create the effect i need - when the table is over the image, the table is drawn as opaque instead of transparent.. i googled everywhere and i can't find a fix to this problem. can anybody help me please? also i'm quite noob so if you can give detailed explanations i'd appreciate

Recommended Answers

hi

do you want something like this ?

<table border="1" onMouseover="this.bgColor='#FFF000'"onMouseout="this.bgColor='#FFFFFF'">
<tr>
	<td>1</td>
    <td>2</td>
</tr>
</table>

try this code.may be it will help you. :)

Jump to Post

All 2 Replies

hi

do you want something like this ?

<table border="1" onMouseover="this.bgColor='#FFF000'"onMouseout="this.bgColor='#FFFFFF'">
<tr>
	<td>1</td>
    <td>2</td>
</tr>
</table>

try this code.may be it will help you. :)

I would try to use css. To create an hover effect, do something like this:

table:hover {
  background-color:#F00;
}

Furthermore, if you search for "gimp make png transparent" you'll get a lot of tuts/ explanations.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.