Hello,
I'm working on ubuntu 10.10, have apache2 and php5 installed.But just to check that they are working fine, when I try to access my IP server address page, it asks for a username and password.The log-in username and password do not work.Please help
Regards.

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by diafol

well it got solved, instead of the numerical address I just tried localhost and it worked.But now the thing is while I have installed apache n php5 when opening the php file in browser it pops up the window( see picture).What to do with this?

Edited by geekme: n/a

Attachments Screenshot.2_.png 67.08 KB

So how does one check if apache is running or not??

What package are you using? xampp? or is it a custom installation?

I'm no expert on linux, but if you open a terminal and do one of:

sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 stop
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 start

?? perhaps somebody with more linux experience could help you here. I use xampp on win so I have a control panel that tells me if apache, mysql, filezilla and mercury are running.

Edited by diafol: n/a

Attachments Capture.png 128 KB

Well i did that then it says : apache already running ??

OK, tick it off the list.
So, you still haven't mentioned whether you're using xampp or similar of a custom setup.

well no custom installation as such, in ubuntu we use LAMP but my system has no such thing.

OK, in that case, I've come to the end of anything useful I can suggest as I don't have a linux system any more. Sorry. Anybody else?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.