Hello,
I'm working on ubuntu 10.10, have apache2 and php5 installed.But just to check that they are working fine, when I try to access my IP server address page, it asks for a username and password.The log-in username and password do not work.Please help
Regards.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

This is server issue. Ask hosting guy.

Member Avatar for diafol

This is your machine, nothing to do with host, right (localhost) or are you talking about a remote server?

//EDIT
OK, seems like localhost, as you've just opened another thread on the same theme. :(

http://www.daniweb.com/web-development/php/threads/369289

well it got solved, instead of the numerical address I just tried localhost and it worked.But now the thing is while I have installed apache n php5 when opening the php file in browser it pops up the window( see picture).What to do with this?

Member Avatar for diafol

Is apache running? Seems the browser doesn't know that it's supposed to open this as output.

So how does one check if apache is running or not??

Member Avatar for diafol

What package are you using? xampp? or is it a custom installation?

I'm no expert on linux, but if you open a terminal and do one of:

sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 stop
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 start

?? perhaps somebody with more linux experience could help you here. I use xampp on win so I have a control panel that tells me if apache, mysql, filezilla and mercury are running.

Well i did that then it says : apache already running ??

Member Avatar for diafol

OK, tick it off the list.
So, you still haven't mentioned whether you're using xampp or similar of a custom setup.

well no custom installation as such, in ubuntu we use LAMP but my system has no such thing.

Member Avatar for diafol

OK, in that case, I've come to the end of anything useful I can suggest as I don't have a linux system any more. Sorry. Anybody else?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.