I am working on an advert website where people can come and post their ads on it. I am wondering can people help me code it. I am not great at PHP once I have the code I can put it in the DB its just making the code. Once the person posts their advert they will be redirected to a payment page where they will pay a small fee before completing their post. Any Idea how this will work?

It would be sort of like posting a post on a forum?

I am not looking for someone to code it for me im just looking for advice on how to do it.

Thanks,
Dylan.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

So do we get a cut of all this money you're gonna make if we spend our time helping you?

//reading you post over a few times, you say that you don't want somebody to write it for you, but you also state that you don't understand much about php. You'll either have to get somebody to write it for you or (better still) learn to code in php.

Before you started on this project, didn't you plan it out? Seems not:

im just looking for advice on how to do it.

So do we get a cut of all this money you're gonna make if we spend our time helping you?

Not really no. I have a friend who can help me with it he is just not online at the moment. And I almost know how to do this im just looking for a bit of help.

My older post was not clear what I wanted.
I am looking for a script where a user can type in the title of their 'Advert', Some details about it, Their contact information. Then once they click submit the page redirects them to a payment page where they pay via paypal and credit card or voucher. Once that is complete they click submit one last time and the post is uploaded to my website 'advert page'.

I am not looking for someone to code this out fully for me. I am just looking for some help on how to code it is all.

Thanks,
Dylan.

Member Avatar for diafol

ok be more specific with what you want. you gave an overview of the project. What specific piece of code do you need help with. post any code you have.

see for this first of all you need a textfield and then on submit action find the key from database...
let the textfield name be serach,table name be item_details

select item from item_details where item like '$_POST['search']

and then on clicking the item for purchase redirect the server to payment gateways like paypal

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.