I am having problem in connecting the database. As I am new to it so I have started with simple basic statements. But the compiler is giving the following error
Type 'OleDbConnection' is not defined.
In fact it gives error at many other things as well. As when I was trying the RegularExpressionValidator it was not even recognizing it as well. Is there some problem with the .Net Framework installed or is there a possibility of using the wrong code. Please guide me as I have to finish my project.

Thanx in Advance.

hello
how r y reham please can u post the code u using let us check it
but i think that you need oledb before it eg: Oledb.OleDbConnection or import system.oledb
try them and tell me does i work if not let us check the code.

and about the second thing what exactly is the error .

bye

I am using the import statement but still i am getting the same error
Type 'OleDbConnection' is not defined
Before I send u my code let me try it once more and check the w3schools site. As i need to clear certain things. Specially about the following statement that i dont understand much but i am using in my code.
dim objConn as new OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;"&"Data Source=c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\banking.mdb")

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.