Hi all!

I want to learn PHP myself using internet , i have the knowledge of java, Servelet, JSP, Mysql, HTML, Javascript and css. Is it possible for me to learn PHP without any guidance using internet? Is php more difficult then jsp?

I want to create various dynamic websites using php as of now i am using jsp for this.As per my knowledge php will be cost efficient for creating websites.

Please also let me know the tutorial for learning php. Currently i am studying http://www.w3schools.com/php/.

Please help.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for P0lT10n

Continue studying in w3schools ! I learned the basics there !

I would say php is much easy and light-weight than JSP as in JSP internally it converts the code to Servlet and it is too heavy code....

You can continue using www.w3school.com
or you can also use www.php.net
Both will give you the basics of php....

First of all just understand the syntax and then you can use these tutorials to learn basics after that you can just google it using "HOW TO "....

Hi all!

I want to learn PHP myself using internet , i have the knowledge of java, Servelet, JSP, Mysql, HTML, Javascript and css. Is it possible for me to learn PHP without any guidance using internet? Is php more difficult then jsp?

I want to create various dynamic websites using php as of now i am using jsp for this.As per my knowledge php will be cost efficient for creating websites.

Please also let me know the tutorial for learning php. Currently i am studying http://www.w3schools.com/php/.

Please help.

Thanks

If you know jsp, html and mysql learning php should be walk in a park... I have very similal background and I was able to learn PHP on my own during 6 months of doing websites... First few are extremely crappy but you have to accept that.

Good luck mate!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.