Well i am using asp and VB.Net to make it to where people can check in and check out. I have gridview which has where it shows the data from my sql server that i put dummy data in. When i load my website the data shows up. I do no want that. I want it to be hidden till i enter a number into my textbox and click retrieve and it retrieves everything with a childID (my primary key) of the entered id. Like you enter 1 and it pops up all data with person that has childID of 1. And a new blank row will show up and i set it already to edit,update,cancel. That works fine. All i am having trouble with is this. Keep find things in C# but i am doing it in VB.Net

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Post some code up. You shouldn't have the code to retrieve the database info anywhere except being called by the search button if you want the user to add a filter and then evoke the search function. For the data to show up on loading the site you much have something in your page_load function that calls the database and links the results to the gridview.

Hello Steven,

I am very happy that you are trying your best. It is very simple to do.
Put your gridview in panel and textbox outside the panel.
Set panel visibility false and when you press button after filling in textbox for search write (Panel1.Visible=True;). Just that.

commented: good +1

hey buddy. what atul has said its perfectally all right. u can go with that. nd i think its easy way to do.
first go with that.
if u can not get through that. will give another way to get it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.