where can i find information about creating a Website Manger of content? kinda like wordpress but simple

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I don't know any sites that have any info on making Content Management Systems with PHP but I'm sure if you type 'cms tutorial php' into Google you will get quite a few results.

If you don't like Wordpress, you can try Drupal or Joomla. But I've heard that those 2 are a lot more advanced and are usually for corporate websites. Or you could try to build your own....

Member Avatar for diafol

You want to create a CMS?
More difficult than it sounds, but if you want to keep it simple, I suggest using a good WYSIWYG editor that has file management. You'll find that most will let you insert images etc, but won't do anything regarding file management.
One that does is Spaw2 from Solmetra (bit dated now though)
CKEditor has a 3rd party plugin (free) - but I can't remember its name now though.

Be warned, the html that they spit out out is awful. You may be able to code a html cleanup routine to strip out needless styling tags or convert deprecated tags to newer ones.

There are lots of tutorials on google, it all depends on your specific needs for a web based cms.

I have been working on my "simple" multi-site CMS for over a year now and I have made great progress but don't go in expecting to code something in a day. It will require lots and lots of reading because I guarantee after you get it started you'll want to re-design certain things or keep expanding it.

There are lots of tutorials on google, it all depends on your specific needs for a web based cms.

I have been working on my "simple" multi-site CMS for over a year now and I have made great progress but don't go in expecting to code something in a day. It will require lots and lots of reading because I guarantee after you get it started you'll want to re-design certain things or keep expanding it.

Yeah i know :/ the thing is I have this really cool idea I'm working on, and it'll kinda be a project for school but it also heads towards a business plan composed of me and a graphic designer

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.