Errors:
imagepng(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/publicr/public_html/dynsigs/anything.php on line 29
Warning: imagedestroy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/publicr/public_html/dynsigs/anything.php on line 29

PHP:

<php><?PHP
function sql_sanitize( $sCode ) {

if ( function_exists( "mysql_real_escape_string" ) ) { // If PHP version > 4.3.0
               $sCode = mysql_real_escape_string( $sCode ); // Escape the MySQL string.
       } else { // If PHP version < 4.3.0
               $sCode = addslashes( $sCode ); // Precede sensitive characters with a slash \
       }
       return $sCode; // Return the sanitized code
$dbhost = 'xxx'; $dbuser = 'xxx'; $dbpass = 'xxxx'; $dbname = 'xxxx'; if (isset($_GET['user'])) { $username = sql_sanitize($_GET['user']); } else { die("no charname given"); } $serverdesc = 'Majuzza Gaming: Roleplay Character Statistics'; $pathtoimg = 'stats_img.png';

//Connect to the database $conn = mysql_connect("$dbhost","$dbuser","$dbpass"); $db = mysql_select_db("$dbname"); $conn = mysql_connect($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpass) or die ('Error connecting to mysql'); mysql_select_db($dbname);

//Pull the info from the row with $username as their name $query = "SELECT * FROM users WHERE username = '$username'"; $result = mysql_query($query); while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) {

extract($row);
}

// Let's do a function, shall we? =D // Let's see if they are online and assign a variable if ($online == '0') { $reallyonline = 'Offline';	 } else { $reallyonline = 'Online';	 }

//Set up the image and font style(s) and color(s) Header ("Content-type: image/png"); $img_handle = imageCreateFromPNG("$pathtoimg"); $color = ImageColorAllocate ($img_handle, 0, 0, 0);

// Show your server's info, w00t! =D ImageString ($img_handle, 2, 25, 7, "$serverdesc", $color); //Show Players IGN and level ImageString ($img_handle, 3, 70, 23, "$name ($reallyonline)", $color); ImageString ($img_handle, 3, 70, 35, "Hours Played:", $color); ImageString ($img_handle, 2, 115, 35, "$hoursplayed", $color); // Show HP ImageString ($img_handle, 3, 70, 47, "Admin Level:", $color); ImageString ($img_handle, 2, 93, 47, "$adminlevel", $color); // Show Gold ImageString ($img_handle, 3, 70, 71, "Cash:", $color); ImageString ($img_handle, 2, 108, 71, "$money", $color);

ImagePng ($img_handle); ImageDestroy ($img_handle); //Close the Database connection just in case it didn't do it already mysql_close($conn);

?></php>

What is wrong?? :(.

The .png is in the same folder, and so is .htaccess, which is:

RewriteRule ^/([a-z]+)\.png$ /anything.php?user=$1

^ Webhost told me i dont need <PHP> tags in .htacess

Edited by zsgamer: n/a

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Ezzaral

this is a "cleaned" copy of your code. No code is run following 'return'. Why are there standalones after the function?

<?php
	if ( function_exists( "mysql_real_escape_string" ) ) { // If PHP version > 4.3.0
	}

$dbhost = 'xxx'; $dbuser = 'xxx'; $dbpass = 'xxxx'; $dbname = 'xxxx'; 
	if (isset($_GET['user'])) { 
		$username = sql_sanitize($_GET['user']); 
	} else { 
		die("no charname given"); 
	} 
	$serverdesc = 'Majuzza Gaming: Roleplay Character Statistics'; 
	$pathtoimg = 'stats_img.png';
	extract($row);
}

ImagePng ($img_handle);
ImageDestroy ($img_handle); //Close the Database connection just in case it didn't do it already mysql_close($conn);

?>

Hi thanks ardav but that code didn't work, you deleted lots of the code it needed.

I re-added some of the code to yours but then i got these errors:

Warning: imagestring(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in

For this code:

ImageString ($img_handle, 2, 25, 7, "$serverdesc", $color);

I just followed an online tutorial to help me make dynamic signatures, and it will display fields in the MySQL database where the username is index.php?user=USERNAME, and it will display like my level, money etc on the picture.

Tutorial link: http://www.vbgore.com/Dynamic_Signature

I hope someone can help!

Edited by zsgamer: n/a

I thought I just took out the comments. ANyway - this is wierd:

}

see that

return $sCode

line? That halts all code execution after that point in the function

I don't respond to PMs. All issues regarding a thread should be in the thread.

You include the function and two calls to other functions in your first post. You don't call sql_sanitize() anywhere other than within the function itself. SO the DB details are never initialized and there is no extract.

ImagePng ($img_handle); ImageDestroy ($img_handle);

I don't understand what these are supposed to do when $img_handle doesn't exists (AFAIK).

Can you help me or tell me what to do? I don't want explinations because i don't UNDERSTAND ANY of it!

Please, can you just help me....

Can you help me or tell me what to do? I don't want explinations because i don't UNDERSTAND ANY of it!

Please, can you just help me....

The forums are for helping you work out your programming problems. They aren't a "code on demand" service.

If you aren't willing to put any effort into it, post in the Web Development Jobs sections and pay someone to write it for you.

Edited by Ezzaral: n/a

Votes + Comments
Nicely put
This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.