Hi guys..
Well, i am an IB student in grade 12 (last year in high school)
last friday, the IT technician in my school dared me to make a mail server (send and recieve emails)
and he said he can give me all the dns access that i need to make one..

All i know about mailling servers is how to send emails using php.. I made many and i know how to make them secure...

Now i want to build one but i dont know where to start from.. So please tell me what i need to know so that i build a whole mailling server that can send and recieve emails...

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Stefano Mtangoo

I believe what you are after is a piece of software called "Mercury". Mercury is a program which allows you to receive and send emails on windows however I'm not sure what the Linux equivalent would be. You would also have to ask your isp for a static ip and do some port forwarding on your modem and/or router for the emails to process through your computer.

Mail Server? I'm sure you don't want to code one. Unless you mean installing mail server or you want to create mailing script!

I believe what you are after is a piece of software called "Mercury". Mercury is a program which allows you to receive and send emails on windows however I'm not sure what the Linux equivalent would be. You would also have to ask your isp for a static ip and do some port forwarding on your modem and/or router for the emails to process through your computer.

http://www.linuxmail.info/

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.