Hello All,

I have come up with a social networking website which should support chat functionality like Facebook.
My intentions are as follows :-

1.It should be dynamic that is the chat window should appear only when any friend is online else it should remain hidden somewhere.

2.Could it be possible to develope a chat window through C# and ASP.Net alone and not using silverlight and ajax or javascripts ?

Any relevant help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by KM499: n/a

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by adobe71

Hello

I think the best way is to use third party components already available. There are some very good ones out there. For a website that i developed misternmisses.com i used the component on www.mangochat.net and it works really great. Its easy to integrate as well.

one problem i faced when i was trying to make my own was the performance that was becoming a bottle neck at all time. Not sure how Mango Chat works behind the scenes but it does a great job.

Hope this helps. There are other components as well which you can search by searching for ASP.NET Chat Control on google.

Thanks for all your replies.
I will surely try all the suggessted ways and really appreciate your kind help for this.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.