Hi guys, i was watching a video on youtube and noticed that the program the guy was using had a feature where it would pretty much suggest code as he typed. I remember something like this in visual basics and thought it would be cool to help me with PHP coding. Anybody have a clue what i am talking about

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

What is this link supposed to be? It's not working

ok, i dont think this is what i am looking for. The program i am looking for looks like notepad++ but as you type your code a dropdown list appears with suggestions or predictions of what you are trying to type

Member Avatar for diafol

OK, you're looking for 'code completion' or 'hinting'. Notepad++ offers this feature, but my current favourite IDE, Bluefish has a really nice feature for this:

Ok kool this is what i am looking for. Not sure if my Professor will ok the use of it yet. He has everyone on notepad++ wanna make sure it's ok to use. You mentioned that notepad++ has this function, if you could, explain where to find it on Notepad++,
Thank you in advance

Member Avatar for diafol

Notepad++: You can set up code completion via the Settings > Preferences > Backup/Auto-completion TAB:

I saved the file as a php file first - I don't know if you need to do this beforehand - I assume you do.

I found it You have to go to settings - preferences- backup/auto-completion
select enable auto-completion - select word completion - - function parameters hint on input.

Hopefully i can use bluefish though it seems to be a good tool!! Thanks for your help in this

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.